Friday, September 29, 2006

My 1st Parrillada Mixta

Chico and I went to a very nice restaurant last night where I had my very first Argentine parrillada mixta. Not for those with a weak stomach, I found it more appetizing with a couple bottles of wine.

The mixed grill is a combination of various cuts of beef, pork, sausages, sweetbreads, and internal organs. It was brought to our table on a portable grill and looked incredible. I started with asado and chorizo which were familiar and good to me. I tried blood sausage and was pleasantly surprised. Then I tried the small intestines. I will not try the small intestines again. The texture itself was enough to make me want to run to el bano but the taste was horrendous. Then I tried a bottle of wine. I took a slice of brain onto my plate. I quite liked the taste of the brain- although the presentation threw me a bit. But the wine helped me get over that part.

I think this experience will go down as a success... I left the restaurant happy and full and without the embarrassment of getting sick.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to stick to apples when I come to visit. Love ya, 'Not a piggy'.

Anonymous said...

YUCK!!