Monday, October 16, 2006

THE DISAPPEARANCE OF JORGE JULIO LOPEZ

As I was packing my bags for Uruguay this morning, I checked my cell phone and came across a text message I received last week and had meant to write a post about. Here is exactly what came across to me (and millions of others with an Argentine cell phone):

Todos buscamos a Jorge Julio Lopez, si sabes algo llama al 911 o al 0800-333-5502. Gobierno de la Pcia. de Buenos Aires.

Jorge Julio Lopez went missing September 18th, the night before the conviction of a police investigator he was testified against. He was a key witness for the prosecution on crimes committed during the Dirty War.

Here is a link to a CNN article on this story...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/09/27/argentina.warwitness.ap/index.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time to come home!

Anonymous said...

Erin, Gloria here. What does this mean? You're moving to Uraguay for good?

Time to come home is right.