Tuesday, January 02, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

It's definitely been awhile since my last post. I didn't realize how long it had been. I guess with the holiday season I have some excuse. Christmas was wonderful here. Very quiet and non commercialized (unlike the states). We had a nice dinner at our friends house, exchanged secret santa gifts (I came home with a "make your own bead key chains" set which I cannot figure out despite the fact it is geared towards 5 year olds), and took a walk through the neighborhood. We spotted several dead pigeons which I suppose died of heart attacks from the firework display the night before. No severed fingers and arms which I did expect to see from watching the neighborhood kids play with fireworks the night before.
New Years Eve was also quiet. Question: How can you tell a gringo on New Years Eve? Answer: They are the only ones to show up at parties before midnight.
It's been WARM here! Yesterday it reached 40 degrees! Chico and I tried to escape the uncomfortable weather by seeing a movie. Unfortunately all the theaters were closed, so we ended up at the Alamo instead. It is a beautiful day when you have breakfast, lunch, and dinner in 1 sports bar. At least they have air conditioning.
And other than that, it is visa renewal time. We have friends traveling to San Juan, so we are going to try to meet them for a bit and then head into Santiago, Chile.
Best wishes to all in 2007!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy new year sweetie, give terry a big hug for me too :-)

xoxo Maura