Saturday, January 06, 2007

JAZZ in BUENOS AIRES

The reason why I love Jazz is pretty simple. It is so diverse. You can listen to it at a Friday night cocktail party. You can listen to it Sunday morning in bed. It fits the mood if you are happy and full of energy and also fits the mood if your sad and want to mope around the house. Chico and I found a Jazz club on Boliva in San Telmo last night and loved it. For 6 pesos, you get entry into the club plus a drink. The club itself was small and intimate with all the tables set up with candles and the walls decorated with pictures of the jazz greats. We ordered tapas of brouchetta and milenesa de mozarella which were quite good. The band, Tercer Ojo Quinteto (www.tercerojoquinteto.com.ar), was excellent. I definitely see myself going back. Possibly tonight... and tomorrow...

2 comments:

johnny said...

Was that PerroAndaluz ?

Erin said...

YES! I went back later and found the name of the club.