Wednesday, February 07, 2007

THE PAST FEW WEEKS

Visa renewal time came upon us, and Chico and I procrastinated (as we do best) and last minute we decided to go to Uruguay...again. Which was fine. I personally LOVE Uruguay. I wanted to see a different side to it this time, so we headed north to Tacuarembo. From there we went west to Salto and then south through Paysandu. Uruguay is a place like no other. I can't even truthfully say that about Argentina. I just feel comfortable and at peace there.
In Tacuarembo, Chico and I had a late dinner next to the town square. After dinner, we asked the waitress if we could buy a bottle of wine to take with us on a walk through the square. She answered us with an "what a silly question... of course you can!" She came back out to the table with an emptied out pomelo (grapefruit soda) bottle filled with vino de la casa del tinto. I assumed the bottle would have been cleaned out but as I found out later it was not. As Chico and I sat in the town square, we shared a bottle of wine which tasted like sweet grapefruit mixed with malbec. YUM. And GROSS.

2 comments:

miss tango said...

If you miss the deadline of leaving the country in 90 days. You just pay a fine of 50 or 100 pesos, I can´t remember which. Regardless of the amount of time you overstay. Myexboyfriendisanimmigrationsofficersothis iswhathetoldme;)

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.