Thursday, February 08, 2007

SURF'S UP!

My best friend came to visit last week from San Diego. I was a little surprised when I asked her what she would like to see in Buenos Aires, and she responded with "the beach!!".
Okay... well... beach it is. I heard about Mar del Plata being the Spring Break for Argentines. I was a little apprehensive about spending a few days packed on the beach with everyone else in Buenos Aires (this city is a ghost town in January) but if that is what she wanted to do, then I would make sure we did it. We grabbed a couple of our close friends, packed our bags, and headed for the bus station for the 6 hour ride south.
Mar del Plata was not what I had expected. While it was definitely a crowded vacation destination, we found a beach that we could spread out on. 3 days of sunbathing, sleeping, eating, playing cards, and 1 night out at the bars. Muy tranquillo!

(I recommend staying at the Hotel Tiber)

No comments: