Monday, March 05, 2007

THE END OF AN ERA IS NEAR...

I think it's time to go home. I've been here for 6 months and those 6 months have taught me SO MUCH. I had certain goals I hoped to meet while I was here and pretty much met every single one of them. It's gone by so fast though and I can't help but feel a little sad at the thought of going back to a place where I'm not quite as challenged on daily basis. What will I think when I order a pizza (with tomato sauce! Oh- the novelty!) and don't have to repeat myself 10 times because my accent is so bad? A place where pedestrians have the right of way? A place where litter isn't thrown around with such disregard? A place without futbol games? A place without choripan? It is going to be a huge adjustment for me. But I am holding onto the hope that this move is going to be a temporary one. I have fallen in love with Latin America and want to come back. I just need to take care of some things back in the States first...

No comments: